CLIENT SUPPORT MANAGER
HOLLYWOOD • LOS ANGELES
PIX System, a growing San Francisco-based company, is seeking an energetic and highly motivated Client Support Manager for our Los Angeles office. Our industry leading collaboration products are used by Oscar winning directors, editors, major Hollywood studios, television networks, and production companies.
PIX System enjoys a hard-earned reputation for providing the highest level of service and support in our industry. The Client Support Manager will be focused on maintaining and building on these standards, while balancing resources at a time of rapid growth.
This role will supervise the PIX Support team and ensure proper routing and response time for all incoming technical and administrative support requests, working both with Support personnel and with peers in adjacent teams. Additionally, the Client Support Manager is expected to provide expert guidance on case handling and communications, ensuring that all support-related client interactions are addressed with the utmost thought and professionalism. The ideal candidate will be able to see the big picture, but can also be a problem solver who is unafraid to get into the weeds on a specific issue as needed.
Further responsibilities will include managing shift coverage and scheduling, documenting internal policies and procedures, and maximizing and (to the extent possible) consolidating internal systems. This role may grow to involve direct management of the Support team.
This is a key position in the 30+ person Account Management group at PIX and will interface extensively with Account Managers, leaders in the Technical Services, Business Development and Product teams as well as external clients.
Manage incoming client requests and support cases, ensuring issues are routed to the right internal resources and addressed in a timely manner.
Provide expert guidance on case handling, from both a technical and relationship management perspective.
Ensure outbound communications and case handling consistently meet PIX’ white glove standard for client service.
Working with developers and internal resources, ensure Salesforce instance is up to date and functioning properly in support of department needs.
Use data and reporting mechanisms in Salesforce to keep department leadership informed of key trends and ensure resources are well distributed.
Monitor various internal system logs, such as client activity reports and service queues (encoding, etc…).
Help define SLAs and escalation criteria.
Manage shift schedules and holiday/on-call coverage for the Account Management team.
Formalize and document new employee on-boarding and training procedures.
Develop, document and enforce best practices for department policies and procedures.
Contribute to the creation and maintenance of help site documentation and user training materials.
Ensure shared systems like the knowledge base are being maintained and develop standards for capturing key information.
Be the primary contact for configuration of technical systems used by the department (i.e. phones). The CSM may not actually administer these systems, but he/she can speak for the department’s needs.
- 6-10 years of experience in a high touch client service/support role within the media/entertainment or technology industries.
- At least 1-2 years of personnel management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with focus on client services and building relationships.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, team-based environment with multiple dotted-line reporting responsibilities.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively coach team members to consistently meet the highest standards in this regard.
- Comfortable working with, and ideally light to moderate administration of, various case and issue tracking systems (i.e. Salesforce or Jira). Working knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud is a big plus.
- Working knowledge of enterprise IT issues and vendor relationships.
- Understanding of the entertainment industry and/or production workflows is a big plus.
- Detailed, organized, and able to manage simultaneous projects and shifting priorities. Able to easily shuttle between immediately urgent situations and longer term initiatives.
- Highly motivated, resourceful and intelligent, with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills – must be able to think on her/his feet to find solutions which may not be immediately obvious.
- Exceptional judgment in ambiguous situations and ability to synthesize contextual information (technical, personal) from various sources to make good decisions.
- Discretion and professionalism in dealing with all levels of client personnel.
- Ability to travel to various PIX office locations as occasionally needed (PIX has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and London).
- Generous Vacation Allowance: 20 PTO days, 8 Office Holidays and 2 Floating Holidays
Excellent 401(k) with company match
Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Section 125 - Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care FSA
Employee Equity Program
Section 132 (Commuter Benefit)
Private film screenings
Lively small team environment
Employee Development and continuing education programs
Team outings and events
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact PIX Human Resources for any additional details at 415.357.9720.
NOTE: Los Angeles Area candidates only please. There is no relocation assistance or agency fee budget available for this position. Candidates from third party firms will NOT be considered for this opening. Candidates requiring sponsorship will not be considered at this time. Resumes received from a third party will be considered as no-fee referrals. Our company is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.