San Francisco • Financial District
We’re looking for people passionate about back-end platform and API work. Everything from application services like resolution independent video and image markup to activity feed and permission management to secure video transcoding, watermarking, caching, and archiving to API design, data storage and analytics.
Yes, we’ve got plenty to keep you busy. And no NIH syndrome - we run a lean shop, and time to market is important. We value your ability to recommend and integrate reliable, secure 3rd party components as much as we do your ability to design and build them yourself.
What will you do?
As a member of the Platform Team, you’ll be creating and extending the PIX platform that powers collaboration across the film industry. This includes building and extending back-end services for media processing, storage, encryption, and secure delivery worldwide to thousands of industry professionals. You will be tackling complex problems ranging from low-level video processing to high level APIs and everything in between. Our engineers must work cross-functionally on multiple codebases and services to ensure the PIX platform is scalable, efficient, and secure.
- Design, implement, and maintain PIX System platform services
- Build distributed services that auto-scale, self-heal, and automatically deploy to the cloud
- Integrate internal and 3rd party components to build out functionality
- Implement APIs for internal and external services
- Migrate legacy systems to newer service architectures
- Write design, usage, and troubleshooting documents for other engineers and QA
- Produce automated tests to ensure quality, performance, and scalability of your code
- Participate in reviews and audits to ensure the security of our system
- Coordinate with team-members and others in the organization to ensure timely delivery of software that meets all requirements
- Train other team members on your areas of expertise
- Excellent coding skills in one or more of the following languages: PHP, Python, C/C++, Node.js, or Java
- Firm grasp of OO design concepts and patterns
- Experience building in a SOA or micro-services environment
- Familiarity with both relational and no-SQL databases
- Experience building out server side APIs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with a mix of team and individual work
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years back-end development experience
- Familiarity with one or more of the following a plus:
- LAMP stack
- Video processing and codecs
- Encryption and DRM
- AWS and cloud technologies
- Docker, Vagrant, Chef, and other DevOps tools
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Exceptional vacation and holiday plan
- Very competitive medical benefits
- Employee equity and 401(k) plans
- Downtown SF - close to BART, Muni, Caltrain
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Field trips to productions and private film screenings
- Lively small team environment
- and more...