San Francisco • Financial District
We’re looking for people passionate about back-end platform and API work. Everything from application services like resolution independent video and image markup to activity feed and permission management to secure video transcoding, watermarking, caching, and archiving to API design, data storage and analytics.
Yes, we’ve got plenty to keep you busy. And no NIH syndrome - we run a lean shop, and time to market is important. We value your ability to recommend and integrate reliable, secure 3rd party components as much as we do your ability to design and build them yourself.
What will you do?
You’ll be creating and extending our platform of back-end services, optimizing them for scalability, and ensuring they maintain an exceptionally high level of security. In the past year, our server engineers have researched, extended, or created...
...external API integration services for clients’ production applications - DIT carts, cameras, VFX tools, and content management systems
...new content security algorithms and protocols, including DRM, visual and forensic watermarking, and encryption.
...scalable, high speed, high resolution transcoding, data transfer, streaming, and screening solutions
...fast, intelligent search across millions of story elements and production assets
...user-extensible object models to match real-world production workflows
...synchronized video playback for mobile, web, and desktop users across locations
- Excellent command of the written and spoken English language. You’ll need to be able to work closely with other engineers as well as film industry types.
- Solid experience in one or more languages like C/C++, PHP, Java, or Python. Zealots need not apply
- Top-notch computer programming skills. Our platform needs to be rock solid. We’ll be giving you a programming test during the interview. Show us what you’ve got.
- A track record of success in an agile environment. We’ll be counting on you to deliver. A lot.
- Passion for quality. There are no fences here. If you are embarrassed when a QA engineer finds an obvious bug in your code, great. If you are so embarrassed that you refactor your service and re-write the automation, you’ll be right at home here.
- Solid understanding of MVC and service-oriented architectures, and ability to create scalable components within an object-oriented LAMP stack architecture. And if you love query optimization please let us know.
- Excited to work in our downtown San Francisco office. Or if you're talented, self-motivated and accountable, long-distance telecommuting is absolutely on the table.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
Exceptional vacation and holiday plan
Very competitive medical benefits
Employee equity and 401(k) plans
Downtown SF - close to BART, Muni, Caltrain
Commuter Benefit Plan
Field trips to productions and private film screenings
Lively small team environment