PIX Plays Supporting Role in 91st Academy Award Winning Films
PIX Celebrates Oscar-winners in Best Picture, Cinematography, Visual Effects, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Animated Feature, among others
LOS ANGELES, February 27, 2019—PIX, the entertainment industry leader in delivering secure communication and content management capabilities, celebrates the winners of this year’s 91st Academy Awards who utilized the PIX System. The PIX System enables creative continuity and reduces project risk by ensuring that ideas are accurately shared, stored, and preserved throughout the entire production process.
PIX was recently honored by The Academy with a Technical Achievement Award for the PIX System at its annual Scientific and Technical Awards Presentation, on Saturday, February 9, 2019, at the Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills. Industry professionals choose PIX for innovative tools, secure solutions, and personalized service in the rapid landscape of production.
In total, PIX was used by eight Oscar-winning films in 17 categories including, “A Star is Born,” “Black Panther,” “BlaKkKlansman,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “First Man,” “Green Book,” “Roma,” and “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.” PIX is privileged to serve an industry it loves, helping filmmakers bring their creative vision to life, including those who took home an Oscar.
2019 PIX Partner Oscar-winners:
1. Best Picture, “Green Book”
2. Best Director, “Roma”
3. Best Actor, “Bohemian Rhapsody”
4. Best Supporting Actor, “Green Book”
5. Best Original Screenplay, “Green Book”
6. Best Adapted Screenplay, “BlacKkKlansman”
7. Best Animated Feature Film, “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”
8. Best Foreign Language Film, “Roma”
9. Best Original Score, “Black Panther”
10. Best Original Song, “A Star Is Born”
11. Best Sound Editing, “Bohemian Rhapsody”
12. Best Sound Mixing, “Bohemian Rhapsody”
13. Best Production Design, “Black Panther”
14. Best Cinematography, “Roma”
15. Best Costume Design, “Black Panther”
16. Best Film Editing, “Bohemian Rhapsody”
17. Best Visual Effects, “First Man”
PIX is an entertainment technology company that partners with clients to enable creative flow across the production life-cycle with its secure communication and content management suite. It delivers a secure, on-demand, online collaboration, and project management system, connecting industry professionals on productions from all the major studios and leading original content providers. PIX has worked on the equivalent of over 3.6 Billion feet of film and in the production of nearly 5,000 film and television projects. Its solution enables global access anywhere via browser, desktop, iOS, screening room, and set-top apps, custom commercial hardware and global delivery networks. PIX is based in San Francisco with offices in Los Angeles New York and London, delivering 24/7 support backed by industry professionals.
PIX Media Contact:
Vice President of Marketing